Hydration Tube Covers Frequently Asked Questions
- Since our insulated tube covers won't slip over bite valves or quick connects, you will need to detach the bite valve or drink tube from the base connection. Then you will be able to slide the insulated tube cover onto the drink tube.
- There are many hydration packs on the market and each manufacture attaches their bite valve differently. Some glue the bite valves in and some use heat to shrink the tube over the barbed shank connection area creating a vacumm type seal. I can only suggest two ways to detach your bite valve.
- Run extremely hot water over the bite valve connection area. This will heat up the tube and cause it to expand allowing the seal to weaken and come loose. Beware, this could void your hydration pack warranty.
- If you can't get the bite valve to release, I can only suggest to cut the old bite valve off as close as possible. You may lose 1/2 (inch) off your drink tube.
- If you find it difficult to slide the tube cover over the drink tube, wet the tube cover. This will act as a lubricant and make it easier to slide the cover onto the tube. If you are still having an issue, please contact us.
- Cutting the tube cover is NOT recommended. If you cut the tube cover. the continious stitch will come unraveled. This will void HTC warranty. It is ok for the extra length to "bunch up" at the base connector inside your pack.
- There are many hydration pack manufactures that use various diameter sizes and lengths. We try to cover all diameters with ons size. Your drink tube will still be insulated if your cover will still be insulated if your cover fits a little bit loose. If you want a snug fit, please email us.
- Try filling the water bladder before placing it inside the insulator. Typically you lose a little height and width and gain in depth once the bladder is filled. Based on many customer's feedback and reviews, we have found that the insulator should fit very tightly because it squeezes the bladder which helps pressurize the bladder as its depleted. Also helps with keeping the water cooler due to the tight fit.
- However, these are hand cut and sewn and sometimes we do make mistakes. Perhaps this pattern was cut a bit shorter than normal. Please give the above a try if you haven't already. If it still is to small or large, we'll be more than happy to sew up a new one.
- If you received the incorrect item, please contact us and we will resolve the issue immediately.
- If your item is defective or damaged, please contact us so we can replace the item. To speed up any issue, please send a picture along with your email. This will help verify so we can speed up the replacement process.